The total market capitalization of all cryptocurrencies is about $250 billion, with the all-time high surpassing $800 billion. But this figure only represents capital which has been invested directly into digital assets.
There’s an entire industry springing up around blockchain technology. And while cryptocurrencies are great, finance is only one of many areas of human discourse which can be improved by blockchain technology.
Blockchain investment houses breathe life into blockchain.
There are countless blockchain-related endeavors being forged by various business entities around the world. Investing capital in this area is crucial for the continued development of the blockchain sector.
Here are five blockchain investment houses which are banking on the future of decentralized tech.
1) Pantera Capital
Founded in 2013, Pantera Capital is the first U.S.-based blockchain investment firm.
The team at Pantera Capital is experienced in both cryptocurrency and traditional finance. The firm focuses 100-percent of its efforts on blockchain. Pantera prides itself on building a diverse portfolio, and aspires to become the “catalyst for widespread blockchain adoption and innovation.”
Pantera foresees cryptocurrency and blockchain tech as having a more mainstream and accepted place within the global economy in the near future. Many other participants in the blockchain community likely agree.
2) Block Asset Management
Block Asset Management is the “world’s first fund of funds” when it comes to blockchain investment houses. Their investing strategy focuses on five main pillars:
1) Expertise – Their team consists of experienced experts from relevant fields.
2) Diversification – Utilizing a “multi-strategy approach” provides maximum rewards, while reducing risk and volatility.
3) Regulation –Block Asset Management is registered with the CSSF, Luxembourg’s regulatory authority.
4) Risk Management – The fund uses risk assessment models which have been custom-tailored to the cryptocurrency asset class.
5) Scale – Investor returns grow in tandem with that of the fund itself, rather than being limited to owning a single asset.
3) Applied Crypto Ventures
Applied Crypto Ventures is unique in that it has a broader focus than most blockchain investment houses.
Rather than limiting itself exclusively to blockchain technology investments, ACV is focused on several other areas of next generation fintech as well, including artificial intelligence, quantum computing, and Internet of Things devices. These are referred to collectively as “Fintech 4.0.”
Led by a team that spans three continents and has over 20 years of combined experience, ACV is a blockchain investment house in a league of its own.
Invstur focuses on all things blockchain. Their main interest at present is on creating high-output bitcoin mining farms.
Mining is intended to be the backbone for further growth, since Invstur is one of the younger blockchain investment houses on the list.
5) Pangea Blockchain Fund
Pangea Blockchain Fund and its partners operate from the perspective that blockchain technology might very well become “the greatest driver of value creation in our lifetime.”
Pangea focuses its investments on four primary areas:
1) Value-Chain Investments – specific areas that fiat currency meets cryptocurrency; financial intersections that generate revenue by way of fees and could therefore see significant returns on an ongoing basis
2) Tactical STOs – investments made in startups during the private phase, or at discounted rates
3) Industrial Applications of Blockchain Technology – could help give existing companies a competitive edge
4) Ticino Labs – a Ticino-based incubator soon to be launched by Pangea, which will help new blockchain innovations grow, while providing for unique investment opportunities
A decentralized future is on the horizon.
These blockchain investment houses are helping to build a decentralized world. In addition, investors who don’t want to hold cryptocurrencies can gain exposure to the market through organizations like these, bringing additional capital to the sector.
All things considered, it’s firms like these which will help blockchain continue to grow and build new decentralized structures within society.
Based in Los Angeles, Brian is the PR & Marketing Manager at BlockGroup.